Saturday, June 20, 2009

Summer Outings...

This is my summer reading right now. I am sorry that it is turned sideways...but I imported to the blog before I had a chance to turn it around. I love how developed each of these characters are and how I have the ability to get to know each one of them.

Each week...my mom, grandma, and a dear family friend, Judy, are getting together to do something one day a week. This past Tuesday we went started out in Niles...we heard of a great knitting store. It was closed on the day that we were there. We then headed to New Buffalo. We had lunch at this great little place. On the T-shirts and hats on the back...the tag line is : Sit! Stay! Very Cute!


This is a favorite ice cream place up by the lake. I should of took my camera inside since there are hundreds of PIGS inside. I am sure we will take another trip there this summer...I must take the camera.




This is a view of the street that heads to the lake which you can see in the distance.

Come back next week to see what our adventure might entail!




5 comments:

TM CLAN said...

Is this where we would go in Michigan near your grandma's? Good memories.

Katherine Marie! said...

I love that knitting store... and I don't even know how to knit! Did you go into the antique-crafty store across the street?? IT's ONE OF MY FAVORITE places--- treasures galore! You gotta go back--- it will take you at least an hour and check out upstairs!!!!!

Kirsten said...

Melissa...yes it is near my grandma's house. We do have great memories there.

Katherine...YES we went across the street. That is where I bought my dining room table about 8 years ago.

TotallyContent said...

I LOVED that book!! I love Debbie Macomber.

KENNARDS said...

your summer sounds a lot more fun than mine. i wish i could tag along on one of your outings! i'm jealous you have your mom around. what fun memories you're creating. i may contact you for some ideas of great spots to visit!