Monday, May 19, 2008

Weekend Getaway...ok...one day!

I spent one whole day with my sister..by myself. We had a great time! I rode the South Shore from South Bend to Chicago. This is the best way to go when you have a ride on the other end. There was a home Cub's game so I left early to make sure I had a seat. By the time we left Michigan City it was standing room only. There were people on the train that had started drinking on the way up...they were buzzed. B met me on the sidewalk with a Jimmy John sandwhich and a Diet Coke. That was double nice...thanks B! We then procecced to Macy's...B is having a civil union in July and wanted to show me some things that they were registered for. Here are a couple of pictures:


{I got a little ill looking down! }


{I love seeing all the towels...}


We then went shoe shopping for her to wear with her gown. Being "B" she did not want something plain Jane...so I suggested RED...here is a picture of the {sexy} shoes!
{This is the girl who wore red & white striped socks in a concert...everyone else were plain jane's in all black!}

We then went to her place and just hung out...watched TV and had a great meal of pizza and salad...it was YUMMY!

And of course we had to have chocolate...from Europe. Once you eat a chocolate bar made with Cadbury {SPELLING?}...you never go back to waxy stuff!

My favorite dogs in the world...Sadie {Black & White} & Kate {Tan}



My sister and I! I love you!

3 comments:

Carlene said...

Hey Kirsten,
Sounds like you and Bethany had a fun day. I loved the shoes. Macy is a real shoe nut, she would love them too. Glad to see you were feeling better.
love ya
Carlene

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had a good time. I'm jealous! The whole day just sounded like a blast! Love ya!
Tash

Anonymous said...

Hey Friend, I am so glad you and Bethany had a great "Sister-Day". I know that both of you needed some TLC from family-- I am envious-- I don't have a cool sister!
Tell Bethany that I LOVE the shoes!! Red is definitely the way to go!