Monday, July 6, 2009

4-H Fair 2009

Damon and I had not been to the local 4-H fair ever together. We have been married over 4 years. Last summer while in Portland, Oregon, Damon and his buddy went to the fair there while I stayed home and read. We live many 3 miles from the fairgrounds and thought we should give it a try!The picture below reminds of the 4-H fair growing up in Huntington, Indiana. As a church we had an elephant ear booth where we would sell yummy elephat ears for hours. I have great memories working along side my friends of the past. It was opening night of the fair and their was a rodeo! It was a good time...I remember the first rodeo that I went to...it was in Jackson Hole, WY with my dear friends from college. It was quite the experience! Cowboys sure look good in those wranglers!




I thought this pig looked like Wilbur...we saw the pigs, cows, goats and sheep. We did not go into the chicken barn...I don't do things with feathers, even if they are in cages!









1 comment:

TM CLAN said...

I loved working in that 'hot', sticky, elephant ear booth. My favorite was buttering them with that brush and passing it on to the next station and watching customer's mouths water in anticipation. Soooo, good. We still make them occasionally with family. They are MUCH smaller. LOL!