Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day Weekend

We traveled to Huntington (1 1/2 hours away) to a wedding reception of a lovely young lady who's family brought my family into the church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints). This family has nine children and seven are married. It was so nice seeing friends that I had not seen for 10+ years.
Before we left, Damon brought home these:



He is such a sweetie and loves me SOOOO much!


On the way home yesturday after we stayed in Huntington for church, we take the back roads home to South Bend, we go through Amish country. I am fascinated with the Amish and the culture. I try to live a simple life...but I could not live without the modern luxuries that I have. We came across this sight and had to snap a picture of it.


Today is President's Day...which means that I do not have work since the school is closed for the day. I have been busy with laundry, picking up...and always the job of de-cluttering. It is amazing how many things I have in my life that I don't really need to keep.

Enjoy the journey!

No comments: