Monday, May 7, 2007

Nevada Adventure...

We left South Bend, Indiana at 1:50 AM on Friday morning to head to Chicago to catch a flight to Reno, Nevada for Damon's 1/2 sisters (biological) wedding. We had slept for about 2 hours and then the alarm went off. To make a long story short, I got us lost getting to the Chicago Ohare Airport. We got there...but just the long way. We stopped twice to ask for directions...and they assured us that we would get to the airport from the road we were on. I almost called my sister at 2:30 AM to have her get us on the right road...but I let her sleep. We did end up at the airport. Thank goodness for self check-in...it sure does save time...ONLY if there are more than 2 people working to get tags on luggage. We waited 20 mintues for the lady to even realixe we were there. She was more concerned about the people who had passports who were heading home to various countries. It was frustrating. I always get a bit frantic and anxious while traveling. I have this smooth trip built in my head...and when there is a qulich...it bothers me...just get me on the plane. Our flights were uneventfull...we slept almost the whole time...we had a very short connection in Phoenix.
Once we got to Reno, his family had been waiting for us...we got our rental car and went to breakfast. We are not used to driving where there are mountains. We felt like we were driving around in circles. We were so turned around...good thing we were following his mom. We went to a town Genoa (SPELLING) that was the first town where the Mormons setteled when they came to Nevada...it was all closed up...here is a picture of a sign that was there. We were thinking that the weather was going to be nice...but it was COLD!! After this we went back to his sisters new townhome that she is going to share with her new husband, and cute little boy from a previous marriage. It was nice to have lots of down time, and not be in charge of anything :)


My husband's sister was married the next day (Saturday) at the town that we visited the previous day. There is a family who owns a home there, and they open their home and yard for weddings. Here are a few pictures that we took on Friday!



Ok...I have not learned how to put pictures where I want them in the posts....UGH! So, here are some more pictures...one day I will figure out how to put them in a certain order. YIKES! Enjoy!

No comments: